All trainees graduating from the Fashion Lab have the opportunity to take out a grant to fund the purchase of a sewing machine and a business starter kit to help them start their own business. Some graduates decide to start working independently, while others join forces to set up local cooperatives. Mayamiko asks that each applicant saves 25% of the required amount, and commits to funding the remaining 75%. In addition to financial support, Mayamiko Trust provides ongoing mentoring and support, as well as regular business training and financial education refresher workshops. We also provide tailored one to one support for each of our graduates.
By sponsoring a sewing machine, you can make a permanent difference to the quality of our program and ensure that we have a vital resource for teaching trainees to become proficient in the craft of tailoring.
As we grow our solar light projects and provide grants and micro finance to resellers and buyers, you are also able to sponsor solar lights and help bring clean, efficient and renewable energy to the homes of many Malawians.
There are also other sponsorship opportunities, simply click 'Donate' below to find the right one for you